Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Dream

Two nights ago I had a terrible dream. Normally I don't have bad dreams, but I always have weird dreams.

And for some reason, I don't like to hear other people recount their dreams. At all.

But, I'm going to do it here anyway.

So, in my dream we were living in some different house with a basement. The tornado sirens went off and I looked out the window, and sure enough, there was a huge tornado coming right for the house!

I yelled out to David and the kids to run down to the basement and FAST, but they all ignored me.

You know sometimes in dreams when you try to yell and sound urgent, but all that comes out is a whisper or sometimes you can't get anything out at all? That's what happened.

I was trying to SCREAM to my family to HURRY to the basement and I felt like the louder I tried to tell them, the more they didn't listen to me.

FINALLY, I was able to convince some of them to go downstairs, but the rest of them (and I especially remember Timothy for some reason) just stood there with blank looks on their faces. 

And, then I woke up.

It really upset me and I was just laying there all torn up about it thinking, "WHY would they just stand there when a tornado is coming instead of listening to me and running to SAFETY?????

I've had a problem reining the kids back in from Christmas break, so that's probably why I dreamed that they weren't listening to me. And David agreed that was probably the case, but I even teared up when I was telling him about it. And, I don't like to spiritualize every single incident in life, but I've faced a few challenges in the last few months, and maybe God was showing me what I have a tendency to do-stand there and wait for the tornado to hit me instead of running to His safety.


2 comments:

godly-young-widow said...

Thank you for sharing that. I think it was what I needed today, though my situation is different. Praying for you, and please pray for me.

Courtney said...

It was really on my heart to post that- I'm so glad God used it in your life. Thank you so much for praying! I'll pray for you as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...